Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Valentine Day's Poem Fer Jolene

Howdy Folks! Happy Valentine's Day!
This here is a little poem what I wrote fer my sweety deety, Jolene. Goes like this:

Roses are red and them violet's are blue...
I've got some cornbread muffins in the oven, I've made especially fer you!
Now, some folks say cornbread ain't much,
but everyone loves muffins what come in oatmeal and raisin, blueberry and such...

So that thar is my symbolic gesturin', fer today of all days...
cause it's Valentine's Day, or so the calendar says.
And you is my love muffin, Jolene, you know its true.
Ain't no other woman fer me will do ...
- (that thar's what I wrote in that thar song what I sang at the Hootenanny. You know the one what I we got up on the MySpace www.myspace.com/jugmongers )

So I ask you Jolene, cause your gooder’n than grits....
- (and not just because you git me all riled up and randy, neither!)
Will you be my valentine and come on' over here and give me a kiss?

I Love You,
- Judd Jugmonger xoxoxo

PS. We aint' got us a barn, but if' we did have us one, I'd meet you behind it! xoxoxo

No comments: